Wednesday, April 18, 2012

City Driving

Today I drove into the city centre for the first time. This is not as unusual as it may seem, it is generally not a good idea to drive into Cambridge, the parking is horrendously expensive, and once you are there, everything is walkable, so no real point taking the car in. Also, there are the Rising Bollards. All very well, all the signs saying "Beware! Rising Bollards" This is assuming one knows what a Rising Bollard is. I know now. So, Cambridge is a pedestrian city. ( in all meanings of the word) The reason I took this momentous Trip Into The City, was to drop The Hubby off at the station. At the station, there are the nine million bicycles, the six million taxis and the two million buses. And me. In the Wee Silver Bullet. Poor Hubby was shoved out of the car so quickly there was barely time for a goodbye kiss. Our new Sat Nav ( her name is Angela) insists on referring to the circles ( which I have only just got the hang of calling roundabouts) as " rotaries" At the Rotary, take the second exit. I now have at least ten destinations I can find without Angela's help. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment