Sunday, April 15, 2012

Grand National

It is taking me a while to get used to the Pom fixtures...the Grand National, The London Marathon, (not so much The Boat Race because of The Hubby) The Boat Race! What a fecking travesty. This is our fault, an Oxford alumni moving to Cambridge. It has upset the balance. It should be declared a rematch. (not sure I would be saying this if Oxford had won) Anyway, I digress. I always knew when it was The Comrades and The Argus and The Durban July...now I have to learn all new events here in Pomland. So... The Grand National. Not loving the fact that I enjoy watching it as horses die. So a bit kak actually. But, shallow as I am, I did put a bet on the race. In fact , we all did, as The Hubby and I went to a potjie function with some fellow Saffas in Cambridge. Ha! Yes! We found some! I put my money on a horse called Shakalackaboomboom. The commentator had obviously been practicing this name, in fact he said it so often that I thought I was going to win. Loved it...yelling out...Come on Shakalackaboomboom...and the commentator was saying "it's Shakalackaboomboom coming up on the inside, very very exciting, but sadly, came ninth.

No comments:

Post a Comment