Sunday, April 8, 2012

Pesach

Went to stay with The Gorgeous Son and The New Girlfriend in the new apartment in Surrey.
What a wonderful place it is!
It was very strange (but lovely) for the first time ever to stay with our son in his own  home.
Had to resist the temptation to keep saying "OMG you are all grown up!"
But, indeed he is. The home is neat and clean as a new pin, very impressively decorated and just charming. Family pics on the walls, books in bookcases, clean linen and towels. Both he and The New Girlfriend are neat freaks...works very well!
The Hubby and I are very proud  of him.

The New Girlfriend cooked us a wonderful Pesach dinner, it was most impressive, and we loved every minute.

Not easy though..she texted me frantically as both she and I tried every shop we could  to find matzos.
Absolutely ridiculous.
Massive displays of easter eggs and bunnies and easter cards...not a matzos in sight.
I told the manager at Marks and Spenser that Mr Marks would be turning in his grave.
This did make her feel quite guilty and she looked somewhat shocked.
The twit Customer Service girl at Tesco asked if I could not perhaps adapt an easter card for passover?
I brought a few to the counter and asked her if she would suggest I cross out Jesus  or just scribble over the easter bunny.
She got the point.

Eventually I found matzos on the bottom shelf in the savoury biscuit department in Waitrose in Surbiton . (we really did go everywhere !)
So well done Waitrose.

I then sent off e mails to all the stores.

The New Girlfriend made a wonderful meal nonetheless, not as kosher as it should have been thanks to the supermarkets , but for a Jewish/Atheist seder, it was probably just perfect.



No comments:

Post a Comment