Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I am very grateful for the NHS.
 It seems a bad thing to moan about the fact that we have to pay for dentists.
But Bloody Hell
 Dental examination. Plus x rays ( times 4)
 Well yes, because I have two sides to my mouth,up and down...duh,
 Which also made me gag and almost vomit seeing as this was an X-ray procedure hitherto unknown to me where they put a slide in your mouth mounted on a plastic thing about the size of a motor bike.
 £93
 This , actually , did nothing for my toothache, apart from giving me something else to think about.
 Next visit, this will be a 'hygiene' visit, accompanied by the replacement of 4 fillings that currently look crap. This was in SA before anyone had heard of white fillings. So fair enough, I guess this could be called cosmetic.
 This will cost me £393
 Next visit, a crown, to replace the filling that cost me £100, and fell out two weeks later, this will cost £580
 The tooth in which I have the actual toothache which prompted this visit, needs to be extracted. For this, because the roots are enormous and burrow into my brain (this is what I saw on the x ray) needs to be extracted in a hospital.
Thank god for that, the minute I set foot in a hospital, the NHS pay for it. Nonetheless, this will take a considerable amount of time to actually get an appointment.
 So, I am nearly £1000 down and I still have toothache
 Priceless

No comments:

Post a Comment