Friday, April 20, 2012

Quack quack

I have never eaten duck, nor have I ever cooked it, or indeed allowed The Hubby to eat it whilst dining out. I have thought about this all week. The Hubby likes duck. I don't like chicken, so rarely cook it. He also is not allowed to eat quail. Seems a bit unfair. But, the cook does choose the meals, I hate green beans so we never eat those either..or pumpkin...a bit selfish actually. May have taken me 30 years to realise this. I looked at duck in Tesco and was rather surprised to see that it was red and not white meat. I have bought duck, for the first time ever. I am cooking it tonight. Already I feel a bit sick, so not sure if I can actually eat it.... There is no reason for this aversion, other than the fact that I do love those dear wee white duckies. I also have never eaten rabbit. Or cat. Or a puppy. These all fall into the same category for me, which I know is absolute nonsense seeing as I eat goose, lamb, not veal so much, but I have eaten it... I have also eaten crocodile, snake, kudu and kangaroo. Apparently only the queen may eat a swan. Strangely, I probably would eat a swan. I was a vegetarian for many years. As was The Hubby. It was bacon that made us succumb. If I can eat a teeny wee pink piglet..... Anyway, the poor duck is in the oven as we speak. If this is a success, perhaps I will try rabbit next. Apparently The Hubby likes rabbit stew. Water ship Down See the movie...eat the cast Not sure I can actually do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment