Saturday, June 8, 2013

Adverts

When I first came to the UK I was not at all  impressed with their adverts.

I missed the Saffa adverts, especially the Nandos ads .
I know Nandos is in the UK as well, but it is really not the same thing at all. And there are no Nandos ads on TV or radio here.
At all . Ever .
But never mind.  More to life than Nandos, and actually, I don't eat chicken anyway.


Either I have become a Pom ( probably) or the ads have improved. ( probably not)

The Specsaver  ads  crack me up. They are so funny. 
I seem to spend  my life saying " Should  have gone to Specsavers"
Although every TV ad is hysterical....

My best one is a radio ad.

So, it is about breakfast.

The guy comes in for a special breakfast that he has seen advertised. 
Full English.

This is what he says to the waitress:

 Guy : Is there no bacon?

Waitress : No,  that's extra

Guy : No Sausage, beans...mushrooms?

Waitress: Sorry darling, no 

( we have very lovely and polite waitrons here) 
( they don't ever call them waitrons actually )

Guy: No toast? 

Waitress : No....

Guy: This is just an egg.

Should have gone to Specsavers.

At this point  I laugh and laugh until The Hubby rolls his eyes and leaves the  room.
It is on the radio everyday.
Never gets old! 
Even writing this is making me laugh my head off! 

This is just an egg!
Ha ha ha ha ha ha 












No comments:

Post a Comment