Monday, June 3, 2013

Hello *warmer* weather

Today I saw a swallow. I was quite excited, until, unbidden, into my head , came the warning ...

"One swallow doth not a summer make"
Aristotle.

Don't be too impressed, I thought it was Shakespeare, I had to google it.
I have spent the rest of today looking for more swallows, but alas, nope.

Nonetheless, it has been a lovely day.
I mowed the lawns and trimmed the edges.
Trimmed the edges by hand because I am still scared of that strimmer that nearly amputated my leg.

Also, again, mowed the neighbour's  half of the lawn.

For my Saffa readers, I know this sounds odd, but in a semi detached, one often shares a piece of lawn.
I also edged and weeded his half.
Mainly because it seems ridiculous to just do half of a garden, also because he doesn't do it and it looks like shit.

Dr Lauren says that I am NOT the garden police.
( I am also not the Facebook police, the Bus Timetable  Police or the Waitress  Police)

I still go with " If you do not tell them, how will they know?"

Don't tell her that.
She is in a delicate condition.












No comments:

Post a Comment