Friday, June 21, 2013

Sonic the Hedgehog

This is Dear  Sonic . He has taken to visiting the garden every evening around 6.

Of course, I have been feeding him, he is too cute for words. 
He creeps under the back gate, ambles up the path, climbs up onto the deck and eats his dinner.
The Hubby and I are quite charmed by him.

However, The Hubby is at the shops at the minute.
Sonic arrived, and against the express wishes of The Hubby , I thought I might just try and pick Sonic up.
I don't know why I thought this would be a good idea. 

This is what I have learnt today.

Those prickles are really really sharp.
Multi purpose vinyl household gloves are no good, although I did only use them for hygienic purposes.

Luckily, because , yes, hedgehogs are covered in fleas. 

This hedgehog weighs about the same as a brick. 

So now I have three bleeding fingertips, a flea that ran up my arm and a cross hedgehog.

All those sites I googled that said they were lovely and made good pets and could be trained to use a litterbox and would SIT ON YOUR KNEE....they have not seen Sonic. 
He is HUGE.

In future I shall just watch him.
Give me a squirrel any day.





No comments:

Post a Comment