Thursday, June 6, 2013

Dry Cleaning

This was the conversation today in the Dry Cleaners.

There was me, and them. 
Them being two women, who, as it turns out, are sisters.

Me:   I see you are now open on a Wednesday, and have a new name , are you under new           management? 

Them:  Yes , we are!  Open all week now. 

Then , various chit chatting ensued.

Me:  Well,  this is most pleasant! So nice to chat! Must be all new staff as well, as before now, nobody has been very friendly.

Them: (looking confused). Oh no, same staff...
Me:     ( back peddling  big time) No, have never seen you two before, usually older lady? Grumpy? Not chatty? 

Them:  That is our mum.


From now on, The Hubby gets to take his own Dry Cleaning in. I am never going there again.

Also, obviously on a roll today, it was not actually Reading Group, that would be the SECOND Thursday of the month.

On the upside, taking books back into the charity shop, they still have the "Fill a bag for £5 " special.
So, I took 6 books in, came out with 11.






1 comment:

  1. Ah ... not just me then.... and God bless readers. I'm having a special on too - and you'd think the shop would be empty by now, but no ... not half empty! Not a quarter Empty! More books than years me thinks ... but that story is divine! Grumpy MUM... ha-ha! Aren't we all?

    ReplyDelete