Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Big Issue #2


My vulnerably housed Romanian friend, Daniella was as usual selling The Big Issue outside Sainsbury's.
He feels very sorry for me as I am always alone and he can see I have no friends. He did see me with The Hubby once which made him think that perhaps I am not a totally mad old bat who wears sunglasses and not a lot of winter clothing.
I have decided to do one Random Act Of Kindness a day.
Today my Random Act Of Kindness was to buy Daniella a cafe latte from Starbucks.
I also took his photo and have promised to print it out on A4 photographic paper for him.
I was very shocked to hear that he is only 22 , I thought he was at least 30 odd. He told me he left home and has been working since he was 14. In Spain, packing fruit, before he came here.

I bought the coffee despite the fact I saw him SPIT on the pavement.
Poor boy, perhaps he doesn't have a home to spit in.

This witticism made me laugh all the way home.


No comments:

Post a Comment