Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Flood warning


I got a letter in the post informing me of the fact that Floods operate in my area.
I thought it was some kind of odd British Gang warfare , but no, is water.
I apparently need to Be Prepared, and have a plan ready in case Floods Strike.
First of all, I need to sign up for a Flood Warnings Service (no charge)
Then , I need to have a Flood Kit. This includes a wind up or battery radio. Strangely enough, I do have a wind up radio .
Warm waterproof clothing and blankets.....I have one blanket and a leather jacket
First aid kit and prescription medicine........I have ibuprofin, plasters and immodium
Bottled water and non perishable foods......I always have bottled water (10p for 2 liters) and soup
A mobile phone....check
Important contact numbers ....Noah is not listed
Baby food and baby care items...does not apply I hope
Torch with spare batteries...check. I need a torch to see the central heating unit panel in the cupboard.

Bring it on! I am ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment