Saturday, June 5, 2010

!Hola!




Well, let me tell you, Spain is amazing! And nothing like what I expected. In my ignorance I imagined lots of sparse vegetation, donkeys wearing hats and for some odd reason , cacti.
(I think I was getting confused with Mexico.)
To be fair to me, we did go to Galicia, which is Northern Spain. And apparently a bit different. Certainly not full of drunken Brits eating fish and chips, so that was a relief.

The Hubby's Cousin Janet has an apartment in La Coruna, a farm, and a yacht. So splendid all round.
Us experienced sun experts from South Africa who know better did not apply sun block and fried to a crisp.
We learnt a lot of Spanish ( I had prior knowledge from Argentina) .
The Hubby did better than me, at least he refrained from speaking English in a Spanish accent.

I can't help it.
Anyway, terrible accent or not, I had a fab time.

And I steered the yacht ALL BY MYSELF , into the harbour and did the yacht equivalent of a wheelie.

So, see pics...City...Farm...Yacht..!! What a fab holiday




No comments:

Post a Comment