Monday, November 8, 2010

Beware...Profound Post

Never ever think you can't learn, even when you are past 50
Never ever think you know everything.
So... here's the thing
Darling Simon's Step dad keeps a diary. And has done so for 20 years.

Just write an entry every night of your life. Yeah...sounds like a geeky thing.... think about it

I wish I had kept a diary... then I would know............

How many things have I forgotten about the children?

What was the last thing I said to my dad, when did I last speak to him before he died? What did we talk about?
Had I just made a diary entry.... chatted to dad today, he was fine, sent his love to the kids.........
Did I say " Love you, Bye?" Who knows? I don't remember.

Was my nephew Richard's birthday recently. He had a car accident, was in a coma, and then 5 weeks later, he died.
I would have liked to look back and see what i had written on the day he was born.

How I would love to read a day to day entry of the last ten years, even if it was just ONE LINE a day.

I am so going to start a diary. You never know which day is going to be an important day. And there are things that don't seem important at the time, but that you may want to remember..
Imagine....

Don't feel so well today..............

AAAAAAARRRRGHHHHHHHH

Well, you never know!!




No comments:

Post a Comment