Thursday, November 11, 2010

Poms r us

This blog must soon be coming to an end....Xmas this year must be IT I think.
I have learned to be a Pom.
I speak the language now
I understand the weather

I have bought a poppy in a gesture of Brit solidarity
I understand the transport system (is fabulous)
I almost understand the NHS (is odd) , but who cares because I have Dr Lauren
I speak Pom (pisses me off whenever people say 'Saffa?' Thought I no longer had an accent
I can do Pom TV
I don't actually like the Poms, (apart from Stephen Fry) but am learning...

Biggest thing of all

I always thought Cape Town with the mountains and the sea, and where we lived , with the view and the garden and the whole thing...was the best ever in the whole world
There are many many places that are as wonderful as Cape Town. Better even. Much as there are many wines that are better than Saffa Wines.
My loyalties are divided, confused and totally fucked when I think of going to Venice...Greece...Switzerland...........
BRING IT ON!!!


1 comment:

  1. Now if I couldn't look to the right and see that there are still 3 more years of your wonderful blog to go, i would have curled up in a ball and withered. Well... no, maybe a bit dramatic, but I would have been sad and pissed. SOOO glad that first line didn't turn out to be true!

    ReplyDelete