Monday, November 1, 2010

Reading Group #2

Goodness! What a difference from the Greenwich Group.
Apart from the fact that there was a "waiting list...." , first meeting I felt like these somewhat
stuck up women did not want a new member, and especially not a FOREIGN member, came home feeling somewhat .......what? Sad? Offended? Unwanted?
Yes, all of the above.
Anyway, I went back for the second meet and they didn't seem too bad. They even spoke to me this time. And even though all we do is discuss the book to DEATH for a whole hour, with absolutely no refreshment, not even WATER, is something, I guess.
This is soooooooooooooo not like my SA book clubs. As soon as I know enough people I am starting my own proper book club.
In the meantime, any books you would like me to explain..........

And indeed, it may not be too long until I can start my own club. I have MANY friends. I have Durbanville Dorette, and I have members from Fat Club, and Dr Lauren....and lovely niece Sam.......and Dry Cleaners Michelle, HA! I am almost ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment