Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Bathroom Blues

We had a bathroom door problem...the inside door handle came off .
(The Hubby is not a handyman, so we had quite a while with a problem door before The Landlord came to fix it)
Few issues with people getting stuck in the bathroom, but someone was always on hand to let them out.
For myself, home alone, I firmly put a doorstop on the door. And left it ajar.

So The Hubby is home, and in the shower. I went in to brush my teeth, and as usual, the room was like a sauna, which I remarked upon, and opened the window.

So so bad idea.
The door slammed shut.

We looked at each other in horror. Naked Hubby in the shower, me in nightie .
Bathroom is upstairs.
No cell phone (obviously) in bathroom.

Panic .

Choices:

a) Naked Hubby climbs out of window.
Not good. Apart from anything else,it is quite a long way down, with only a drainpipe to hold onto.
Due to my usual efficiency, the only clothes in the laundry hamper were a pair of my knickers and a pair of my socks
Hubby climbing out of window in my knickers and socks...also bad idea.

b) Me, with my useless foot climbing out of window in my M&S nightie, also not a good idea.
Would break my neck for sure.

c) Shouting 'help' to neighbors...also no good, They are never in, and how would they get to us?
If we could shout for help, the fire brigade would have to come and rescue Naked Hubby and Nightie Me on a ladder. Would be on the front page of our local rag. Nope. Bad idea.

Was not funny.
After much panic , The Hubby managed to open the door, using a towel and a toothbrush.
Bloody Hell.

The door is fixed now.





No comments:

Post a Comment