Sunday, April 17, 2011

London Marathon



Fabulous day indeed! We are so proud of The Gorgeous Son. We are as knackered, The Hubby and I , as though we had run the marathon ourselves. It is hard work looking through 35000 runners to find your boy!
He phoned us when he was at mile 19 , (we were at Mile 23) and said he really needed a banana. The Hubby disappeared and returned with 2 bananas, I was kak impressed. He is a wonderful father.
I had a SA flag, and waved it enthusiastically at every Saffa I saw.
After the race , we went to the St John's Ambulance reception party, where we were greeted with a round of applause ( I graciously nodded)
The Gorgeous Son disappeared for an inordinate amount of time for a massage.

I did take some pics...as you can see....OK, the bum one is not The Gorgeous Son...I was distracted....

Then we went to eat, and Bless, when we went into the restaurant, everyone burst into applause.

I love the Poms.

Last year , they raised £45 million from this marathon.
I love The Comrades as well.
I wish they would raise as much money...it can be done.
It just seems that the Saffas simply do not have the same culture of giving.
I include myself, as I have said before, I am a better Pom than a Saffa.













1 comment:

  1. Well done to JP! Super impressed! It is my dream to one day run a marathon.

    ReplyDelete