Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal Wedding

I know this was a happy and very splendid occasion, but despite all the Pomp (totally different meaning to this word in England) and Ceremony, there were truly only two thoughts in my mind.

Thought#1

I am old enough to have now seen Diana's son get married. This is made even more alarming seeing as I saw her get married, and her son is not exactly a child bridegroom

Thought#2

I will not live to see William be King. Hell, the way the Queen is going, I will probably not live to see Charles be King.

Apart from that.....

I enjoyed the fact that I guessed the designer of the dress correctly.
Wavered between being glad we didn't join the million billion people in London and being cross that we didn't.
Was amazed that Beatrice could look even worse than usual by strapping a kudu to her head.
Was perturbed that Sir Elton seemed not to know the words to Jerusalem.
Wondered where Sir Cliff was.
Was impressed by the HD on our TV.

Did actually stand when we sang God Save The Queen, and did have a tear in my eye.




1 comment:

  1. I had no TV at all for this event and had to watch it live-streaming on my old computer (it was crap) while texting my oldest daughter in Queensland every few seconds with all our thoughts.
    I also had that moment of having seen Diana get married and now watching Wills! I got all teary too, that she never got to see it, and for some reason that annoyed my second daughter who was with me..

    ReplyDelete