Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Drying washing?

If anyone ever asks me what I miss about South Africa, truly, the one thing I miss is hanging out the washing. In real actual air.

I do have a washing line here, but it collapsed in a spectacular manner, the ground was too wet to sustain it.
This was never a problem in South Africa, not even in the Western Cape where it did rain for weeks on end...
Despite the fact that the odd Ha Di Da did crap on my washing..
.( a massive bird, for non Saffa readers,  big bird...green bird crap, )

It is pretty odd having to hang the washing all over the radiators and on clothes horses
So, this is my question to poms , who have more experience in these matters than me ( Cousin Jane, this is you)
Is it better to hang the washing over the radiators, or tumble dry ?
It seems to me that I can simultaneously warm the house and dry the washing? Or does the drying of the washing take away from the heating of the house?
The Hubby says that the evaporation...takes a lot of  energy...blah blah blah, stopped
 listening...
Sure he is right, he usually is.
Seems easier to tumble dry?




1 comment:

  1. ahhh, you need to visit Lakeland, a heated clothes airer, put your washing over and plug in overnight - keeps your radiators free :-)) x

    ReplyDelete