Friday, November 23, 2012

Xmas a coming...

When I went to Tesco today, I heard my first in-store Xmas song of the year.

Happily, it was neither "Mary's Boy Child" by Boney M , nor " Little Drummer Boy" By Katherine Kennicott Davis . (bet you didn't know that)

No, happily, it was  "Stop the Cavalry" by Jona Lewie.
This is a quite splendid and perfectly acceptable Xmas song, even though it was not intended to be a Xmas song, but indeed was written as a protest song. (bet you didn't know that either)

This happy mood was somewhat  ruined by the fact that I had forgotten my handbag and had to leave my shopping and go back home to fetch it.

On leaving the house I had put my house keys ( with my Tesco Card on the key ring, so that I could do a self scan shop) into my pocket, my coupons for the Alessi Cutlery Offer ( 5 coupons, save £30 on an Alessi place setting) got the car keys, had a mini crisis ( sunglasses or no sunglasses, slight glare left in the sky, but essentially dark already, maybe very light Ray Ban Black Lens?)
Which jacket? Cold, but not that cold...coat not necessary, but blazer may be too light?
Which pashmina...or maybe time for a scarf?

The Hubby was home early, so he asked for a kiss goodbye...
That's it!
Must be his fault.

Distracted me.

I think Dr  Lauren is right.
Time to get a job.

But, maybe it is too late?
I think the brain is beyond help now.




No comments:

Post a Comment