Tuesday, August 23, 2011

International Housework Appreciation Day

This should be a new public holiday

It will be the only day in the year when you buy a household appliance as a gift for your wife.
The holiday shall apply to husbands/partners, and children over 18 still living at home.
There will be flowers and cards given.

I have some verse ideas for the cards.

Domestic Goddess, this is for you
For all of the wonderful things that you do
Like changing the sheets and cleaning the loo
'Cos I never do it when I have a poo.
                           **
Spare toilet roll always waiting for me
Toilet is wiped after I do a wee
No dust is visible on my TV
Beer in the fridge and  cake with my tea

                              **

Undies are always tucked in my drawer
Socks have been moved from the sitting room floor
Finger prints wiped from the walls and the door
Domestic Goddess, could I ask for more?

                                **

A clean shirt awaits me for each working day
New shoelaces ready for when older ones fray
House always scented with some kind of spray
All of my messes just magicked away

                           **

The duvet is straightened with one simple tuck
The carpets are cleaned with a powerful suck
Sometimes I simply can't believe my luck
I'm sorry that I am an ungrateful fuck

                           **


Should I go on? Because I can go on forever.....





No comments:

Post a Comment