Friday, August 12, 2011

Scotland The Brave

So far I am loving Scotland.
It has only rained a teeny wee bit today.
I have seen my  cousins again.
Cousin Katy was the most lovely child, and now she is all grown up with lovely girls of her own.
We spend all our time with grown ups, so I loved a few hours with Wee Carrie. (laatlammetjie)

We  have tried local delicacies (see pic)

The bus! Lordy! Amazing! Driver Pat pays no attention to bus stops...we just stopped willy nilly to pick people up on the street, everyone has a wee chat (we say wee a lot in Scotland), it is absolutely delightful.We were dropped off right outside our destination, not an actual bus stop, but easier for the old folk..bless Driver Pat!

 We had a wee walk to the corner store, and EVERYONE we passed said hello!
After London, this is charming.

The weather was so good that even MOTHER had no real cause for complaint.(for a change)
MOTHER lives here in Scotland in case anyone was wondering.

Tomorrow we are off to Glasgow to see the Piper Band Competition Finals.
I LOVE men in kilts! the only reason The Hubby is coming with is because I told him girls wear kilts as well also with no underwear.
I lied of course, but it will be too late by the time we get there.



No comments:

Post a Comment