Monday, August 8, 2011

Richard III

 Fabulous and amazing to see Richard III at the Old Vic. (Thank you Darling Simon and Dr Lauren)

My English teacher (RIP Dee, wish I'd listened more)  would have been horrified at my ignorance of Richard III.
Basically, this is what I know....

"Now is the winter of our discontent, made glorious summer by this son of York..."
....Plantagenets.... nephews in the tower... Duke of Clarence.... Edward IV... Roan Atkinson holding up a head in Blackadder and saying "Oh God Richard III",and  "A horse, A horse, my kingdom for a horse."
There is a lot more to it than that actually, but really, truly, you could get by on my version.
Kevin Spacey was magnificent though.



 Same day, Tracy Emin, are we Culture Vultures or what!
Had Dim Sum in China Town as well , was awesome. I love London.
Walked across the bridge at Waterloo, train home...absolutely knackered.

Back to reality this am Monday seeing as we have been out all weekend and the wee house looks like a bomb has hit it.


No comments:

Post a Comment