Friday, November 13, 2009

Centrally heated

Who would think to look behind the hanging shoe rack in the passageway cupboard for the timer/switch for the central heating? Looked there in desperation as I knew it had to be Somewhere. Of course the thing I was looking for did not resemble the one in the manual. Wrong manual, or just a bad drawing perhaps....We have a folder with all the manuals for the stuff in the rental. One of the manuals is for a Hydraulic Interface Unit. No idea what that is, or indeed where it is or what I would do if I found it.
We have manuals for the dishwasher, cooker (don't say stove or oven, nobody knows what you are talking about) kettle...and bizarrely one for the bath, doors and windows and kitchen table and chairs.
Anyway, I digress. Had to call the rental agent to come and show me how to work this thing. I had to get the little stepladder, take down the hanging shoe rack ( it is better to remove shoes first, it avoids the sudden weight of the hanger toppling you over onto a rental agent).
She didn't actually show me how to do it as there is only room for one person in the cupboard. I decided 2 hours in the morning 6 to 8 and then 4 to 6 in the evening. She set it.
Was fine Tuesday Wednesday and Thursday.This morning I woke late, was like a bloody blazing hot tropical island , the heaters were all still on, lying in a pool of sweat, had to go outside to cool off. It isn't actually cold enough to have the heating on yet.I only wanted to be SHOWN how to work it so that when it did get cold , I would know. 'oh no no no' says bossy agent 'Its very cold, I have mine on all day'
Went into cupboard pressed buttons until all the lights went off. Am waiting to see what happens at 4 o' clock.

No comments:

Post a Comment