Saturday, November 28, 2009

winter a coming

I have to admit it is getting a bit chill. I used to take a pashmina with me in case it got chilly.
ThenI stopped wearing flip flops.
Then I took a light jacket in case it got chilly.
Now I have to admit defeat.
I thought the Brits were sissy babies for wearing stockings (tights) and Jumpers (jerseys) and coats and scarves , when it was not actually cold. What they do is actually quite sensible. It may not be cold when you set out, but it WILL get colder. So you can either carry all the warm clothes, or wear them. They wear them. I have been carrying them , in a Waitrose bag. Not actually worn them.
BUT, this week, it has become a tad chilly. Today I walked to Sainsburys and it was cold. I wished I had brought my gloves.
So, sadly, it has become hat and glove and scarf weather.
All my clothes are wrong for the UK. I am going to have to go and buy winter stuff. Not heavy jerseys or anything like that, but I am short on long sleeved tops. So i need a camisole, a t shirt, a long sleeved t shirt and then a long sleeved button up blouse, and then any of my assortment of coats and jackets.
I have a black, mid length leather jacket
A red, very hot , but awfully stylish, melton coat.
A brown wool knitted jacket... Knee length ...( neither use nor ornament)
A beige (very ugly ) waterproof jacket, with stupid hood that blows off in wind, ( bought in Cape Town, good for nothing)
A Tesco's very nice stylish but impractical light jacket which is not waterproof
A pistatio green leather jacket bought in Buenos Aires that is very pretty and serves no purpose whatsoever.
Not a clue actually.
Am probably going to freeze my ass off.

No comments:

Post a Comment