Friday, November 27, 2009

People with a taste for...Spur?

For a start, everyone knows where it is . (there is only one in the UK)
You know what you're getting before you go in...no hang on, sorry, that's Holiday Inn.
Still and all, there is something familiar about it , made even better when someone calls you and says " See you at the Spur"

Which is exactly what My London Friend Mr Worrell Esq. did . Quite made my whole week.

Mr Worrell Esq, having been here for much much longer than me, is an expert in EVERYTHING English.
I really must avail myself of his help more often. I would have saved myself time and irritation if I had asked him what the English was for tin foil , ear buds and baby oil.
South African English has drifted quite far off the original!





No comments:

Post a Comment