Monday, January 9, 2012

Dreaming Spires...

You may think Cambridge is the city of dreaming spires and punts along the river...actually it is the city of a broken washing machine and a schlep on the bus carrying a massive plastic bag full of washing and having to spend the afternoon in a room full of properly mad people and getting looks from the laundromat person when I couldn't open the fecking machine and said that I had not used a laundromat since I was a student.
Seeing as I know no one and am not actually going anywhere, I am not bothered if I wear the same clothes every day until the landlord fixes the washing machine. I am already impressed enough by the fact that the rental has a washing machine, a tumble drier , a dishwasher and a fridge.
It is The Hubby.
He has to go to work, obviously, but believe me, he will never run out of shirts, he has thousands of them.
Ditto trousers and jerseys..I have no space in the wardrobe.
It is the undies.
He has 'summer undies' and 'winter undies'
god forbid he should be reduced to wearing 'summer undies' in winter.

I could, of course wash the washing at home...but then I would have to hang said washing all over the house on the radiators and it would take forever to dry. Bad enough we are not 100% organised in the Almost Acceptable house, and then I would have to look at 'winter undies' hanging in every room? I think not.




No comments:

Post a Comment