Thursday, January 26, 2012

Travels..

Had my first outing on The Bike today! Bit wobbly, bit nervous seeing as my last experience on a bike in Amsterdam ended in a fall involving a bench and a ditch, with The Hubby laughing so much he nearly choked to death at the sight of my legs waving in the air. But, all was fine,next time I will wear gloves as my hands froze. I have to remember to always watch the road as if I look anywhere else, I tend to steer in that direction. Luckily, this being Cambridge, there are cycle tracks everywhere. My only complaint is that they seem a bit narrow. Sure I will get used to it, but for now, another cyclist, a pedestrian or a dog approaching puts me in a panic. On the way home from my second trip out, I felt quite cool actually, and very "in" with the Cambridge crowd. For those of you who cycle all the time, this may seem a tad pathetic, but it is a START for me. So, I have The Bike. I have The Basket. I have the library card that allows me to go to ANY library in the whole of Cambridge. Next week I will get The Card that allows me free access to all the colleges (being a resident) All that is left is for me to see Stephen Hawkins and Simon Baron-Cohen and my Cambridge experience will be complete! Oh, and punt on the river of course, but that can wait till summer. If The Hubby says ONCE more that Cambridge stand on the wrong end of the punt, I may have to commit GBH. He is an Oxford Grad.

No comments:

Post a Comment