Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Lovely Cambridge

 I realise that I have been slightly whingy and moany about Cambridge....

It truly is a beautiful city.
Has been a bit clouded up until now with the whole trauma of the move.
But, the house is almost done...and when I walk to the shops it is quite  amazing to see green fields and parks all around.
There is a free magazine which was posted through my door this morning, with all that is going on in the city...so much to do, lots of literary events and theater, and all so cheap! Lordy! I did realise that London was expensive, of course, but it is good to see that we can go to a show here for £15.

Eating out is much cheaper, transport is cheaper, all in all, I think it is going to be lovely living here.

I have solved many storage problems , and am no longer tripping over ironing boards, Dysons, brooms and buckets....
OK, maybe it is not traditional to store the ironing board in the bedroom cupboard, but it works for me!

I have ordered online useful items of furniture, like blanket boxes, it is all a case of buying furniture in which you can hide stuff.
The TV stand will arrive on the 17th, and then the lounge will be done.
Oops...lounge  , bad word here... then the Sitting Room will be done.
Apparently we do not 'lounge' , we 'sit'
Go figure

Watch this space, Dear Blogger Fans, soon I will stop moaning and will be loving Cambridge.




No comments:

Post a Comment