Monday, January 16, 2012

Gardening

The garden here is not too bad. At some stage, someone has made an effort . Not the last tenants....
Anyway, Gumtree to the rescue, and a lady gardener , who works for £10 an hour and did a clear up for me.
So now I can get into the garden and start to make it look nice.
The grass is a problem.
This sissy baby pom grass is mad.
You can't mow it, it would just be ripped out by the lawnmower.
If you stand on the grass, it gets flattened. There seems to be a lot of moss in the grass. This moss is yukky stuff. It grows into lumps which detach themselves and are like living entities. I can hardly bring myself to touch them.
What I need to do is COMB the lawn.
Arrange it into some semblance of order.
Or brush it with the kitchen brush.

Or just wait and see what happens when the sun comes out.
Nobody here has ever heard of kikuyu grass.




No comments:

Post a Comment