Thursday, August 6, 2009

5 a day

I had a lot of blog subjects to post today, and then I had the Most Exciting Birthday Surprise and now I feel I may be posting too many blog entries at once.
The problem is, if I don't post them as I remember, they are gone forever in the murky pool that my addled brain is becoming.
So, where was I?
Oh yes 5 a day.
5 a day is I think almost, if not actually government policy here. I am certainly taking it very seriously. It is not all that easy, but I do my best.
Today, for example, I had 4 Kiwi fruit for breakfast, a lot of celery (I somehow ordered 4 packets of celery, much larger packets than I expected, on my latest internet shop)
Then I had a portion of spinach greens for my lunch , with mackerel (how healthy am I? I hope you are all kak impressed.)
And 3 carrots.
The celery and carrots I hold like cigarettes, makes me feel soooooo much better.
It is very hard to get to 5 a day.
Dr Lauren told me that the actual WHO is 7 a day, but the Brits decided that was a bit intimidating so they went for 5 a day.
So it is actually not 5 a day.
Ok . I give up, I am adding grapes (wine) and juniper (gin) and potatoes (vodka)
7 a day! No problem!

No comments:

Post a Comment