Monday, August 3, 2009

Last paris comment (promise!)

In case you think Paris is all fabulous....

1) Beggars. Bloody hell, there are lots of them.

They are all gypsy type beggars and they say 'Do you speak English' (obviously in a gypsy type accent) First time, of course, I said Yes.
Then they hand you a note saying how poor and etc etc they are and ask for money. After the 11th one I was saying 'Nee, glad nie, gaan kak in die mielies' Had no problems after that.

2) Rats

After nightfall, they come out. Esplanade de la Ratatouille.
I have NEVER in my entire life seen so many rats. Do not walk near dustbins. Do not walk near water.
Yukky Yukky Yukky. Not so romantic. I made Paul walk on the rat side of the esplanade.


3) Tourists

Yes, I know I was one. But in the Notre Dame, there was one of the side chapels where a family was praying at an altar to an obviously dead family member (there were photos and purple ribbons) and a tourist actually went into the chapel thingie (about the size of a dining room) and took photos. That was tacky.
Even me, the atheist , would not do that.
See? And you thought I was so bad? Hah! I didn't even blow out any of the candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment