Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Ice Ice baby

Here, on your cell (mobile) it is the done thing to list your significant other, or your mother, or whoever you would call, under ICE in your phone book.
This is what Dr Lauren told me after I got to her phone a second too late to answer it and told her a rap artist was looking for her.
"No, Mommy" said she in the tones used for "Ohmigod is my Mother going to be a moron for her entire stay in the UK"
Apparently it stands for 'In case of emergency' and EVERYBODY is in the know, so should there be an emergency they would know who to call.
I thought this was a very good idea. I changed Paul to Ice.
Unfortunately I forgot all about this about a week later when I wanted to call him. His number was not in my phonebook. It went straight from Nicola (my hairdresser and good friend in SA) to Peter. My ex husband.
How can I have the first husband's number and not my 2nd husband's number? (keeps him on his toes if he thinks there may be a number 3)
I said this out loud in a tone of bewilderment to the people around me in Canary Wharf Station.
I don't care if they think I'm mad, nobody wants to be my friend anyway.
I scrolled through my phonebook to see what other numbers where missing.
I got to 'I' and the penny dropped.
Silly me.

1 comment:

  1. hahaha.... i have the parental unit under ICE and did EXACTLY the same thing. So my solution... enter Paul as ICE AND as PAUL. then the medics know where to look in case of emergency and when we "the normal folk" have "special" moments we can look where the "normal folk" look... i.e. under the persons aCTUAL name. (it also makes your phonebook a little fatter so people think you are important) ;)

    ReplyDelete