Thursday, August 6, 2009

Yes! Brel!


My very very favourite that I last saw at Theatre on the Bay, and before that performed by Lauricka Rauch on one of the very first dates Hubby and I went on in Hillbrow.
It was fantastic. I cried all the way through Marieke, Sons of , Tenderness, If we only have Love, actually cried through most of them...Claire Watling was great.
Oh , and this was at the Jermyn Street Theatre which is terribly intimate (small) (and a bit tatty)
Dr Lauren asked why we were watching a SA production of a Belgian singer, in London. I know she booked it, because she knows I love Brel, but she doesn't understand and neither do I. As always, a very good question. Any answers will be appreciated. I do know that Moira Lister made it her life's ambition that this show should be performed at the Jermyn , but why??
Anyway it was just one of the most fabulous nights of my life, and very very special to have Dr Lauren to share it with me.
Oh and just see...another pic....

No comments:

Post a Comment