Thursday, August 6, 2009

YES! Tony and Guy


I was welcomed at the door, my pashmina was whipped off and hung up, my purchases (see bag in photo) stowed in a cupboard ,and I was dressed in a very swish robe.
I was taken to my seat, brought coffee and 3 magazines, all dated August 2009. Hello, Grazias and Country Life. (Bloody hell Princess Eugenie is an ugly child)
And a biscuit .
Then the colourist arrived . Peggy. We discussed colour. Then the Hairdresser arrived. Andreus. We discussed cut. More coffee. Another biscuit.
Colour applied. Lovely restful reading brand new magazines period, punctuated by more coffee.
Hair rinsed by totally different person from the welcoming person, the coffee person or the magazine person . In a separate (quiet and peaceful) hair rinsing room. With nice music.
Change of clothes and towels and back to the chair. Andreus returned. Wearing his black suit. He approved of the colour. He called the colourist to approve the colour. She approved. I approved. The coffee girl approved.
Andreus said
" I vill get my kit" He disappeared for 5 seconds and returned with 'the kit'
Phew! we were set for THE CUT.
I have NEVER had such a dramatic cut in my life . It was FABULOUS. I felt like applauding.
Andreus removed his jacket with a big sigh for the blow drying.
When he was finished, we were both exhausted.
Dr Lauren had already paid (I don't know how much because nobody was allowed to tell me, but I know it cost more than a month's rent at Buckingham Palace)
I was undressed from my hairdressing outfit, brushed down, fluffed up, Andreus carried my handbag, Peggy, the colourist ran up and gave me her card. Andreus, too gave me his card. My pashmina was returned to my shoulders, my shopping bag to my hand. The receptionist blew me a kiss and gave me a complimentary Tony and Guy Magazine.

It was fantastic...and the day was not yet over! More surprise......

No comments:

Post a Comment