Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Assisted dying

I do firmly believe that this should be available on the NHS as soon as possible. Why should we have to travel to Europe? Can't we die in our own bloody country? If we want to?


In theory, I think it is a good idea. This is the way I want to go. If I have the choice.

In practice...I bawled my eyes out at the Terry Pratchett programme recently shown on BBC.
Is one thing to want to do it...is totally another to see it done. Was alarming, and scary and clinical...
One of the very worst moments of my life was when we had to have our Jack Russel, Jacqui put down. This is exactly the same.
EXACTLY the same.

We say quite blithely, "We do it for our animals, why shouldn't humans do it as well?"

I think BECAUSE  it is exactly the same.
Dead is dead.

Animal or human.
Scary stuff.














No comments:

Post a Comment