Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Fox

Argh! I so want to feed the fox! The Hubby will not let me, and my guilt inducing convent upbringing will not allow me to do it after I have promised that I won't.
Yesterday the fox came right up to the kitchen door and was eating the squirrel food...how desperately sad is that? I can't bear it.
There is a pork chop in the fridge...maybe I should just throw it out..it may be going off...is that feeding the fox?

Maybe if I don't feed the fox , he will end up eating Hoppy?

Ohmigod, the dilemmas of wildlife in England.

Hoppy has returned after being away for so long...all by himself, and thin as anything. I have noticed that all the other squirrels communicate by whirring their tails around...not poor Hoppy. He has no friends to whirr to.
Spent about an hour chasing away Rogue and Meisie Squirrel so that Hoppy could eat the nuts... they bully him and he is scared of them. Also now have two enormous wood pidgeons that Hoppy hates as well.
And the fox.
Bloody hell.

I hope my neighbours never hear me

'Oh Hoppy! Where have you BEEN? Wait, wait, mummy will go and get some nuts for you...oh oh , look! It's that naughty Rogue, never mind , mummy will chase him away'
Clap clap hands, saying 'naughty naughty..off you go'
'Never mind Hoppy, come on , up on the table, here you are , nummy nummy monkey nuts and Look! OooH Mummy has a jaffa cake for you....

I am losing it..aren't I?
..time to get a job.




1 comment:

  1. I promise you that fox isn't as starving as he looks. Our urban foxes do just fine rummaging around the city to keep themselves fed!

    ReplyDelete