Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crime in London

Never fails to amaze me, this country! Everyday, something new for me.

Today there was a knock at the door, nice young lad, who explained to me that he has just been released from prison, is on probation, and is selling door to door to try to get his life back on track.
Bless him, he was very nervous, and hastened to ensure me that he was no threat.

He is from Middlesborough, and had such a strong accent that I only understood about one word in five.
Apparently, he was involved in an altercation, did some bodily harm, and went down for 4 months.
I bought a 'Kitchen Magician' for £9.95 which apparently slices, shreds, shaves, peels, grates and grooves.
I gave him another £5 .
He is some Mother's son after all.

The Gorgeous Son came to stay over last night, we watched The King's Speech and The Apprentice and Not Going Out, it was fabulous for me to have some company, we had a great time.
He also had some crap door to door jobs when he first arrived here...and I hope some Mommies took pity on him as well.
Be nice y'all, as my very dear friend says.



No comments:

Post a Comment