Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Traffic observations

It amuses me no end that when big trucks (delivery, dustbin etc) reverse, they say "This truck is reversing! This truck is reversing!"
It's hilarious.

Most, if not all the cars on the road here are  new, apart from the beautifully restored vintage cars..
I guess this is a result of an annual MOT (roadworthy, for the Saffas)
Because of this, a VW beetle is a very rare car indeed. When we see one, we all go mad .
"Punch buggy! Punch Buggy!"
In our enthusiasm and excitement we tend to hit quite hard, and more than once.
Very childish , I know.
In fact, even if we see one on TV or in a magazine, same thing applies.
Is this just a Saffa thing?
Have not seen anyone else here do it, and we do get some strange looks.

I still have not driven a car since we got here. When we go on holiday to Cornwall, The Hubby says I may drive.
We are taking the overnight train, and then hiring a car.
Must start practicing to say ' roundabout' and not 'circle' and of course 'traffic light' and not 'robot'
Also 20m is miles, not meters, so foot off the brake.
And  going to 80 on the speedometer will get me arrested.
And watch out for this sign. (cracks me up!)


The controversial sign


1 comment: