Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Boobs

NHS is very jacked here.
I got a letter to inform me of my appointment for a mammogram.
I couldn't go to the first one, as I had the broken ankle.
Next appointment, also couldn't go (still broken ankle)
Next one...was so excited that I missed it by thinking it was Tuesday when it was actually Wednesday. In my defense, this was all around easter and with all the holidays I didn't know what the hell day it was.
Next appointment, got there, they had closed due to unexpected illness.
So today was the day.

Everyone in England has learned a valuable lesson from Jane Goody (Goodie?) She ignored 3 NHS letters asking her to go for a pap smear, and then she died of cervical cancer.
Many people have said that she cashed in on the publicity and so on , but she did millions of women a very good service by doing so. Apparently, after her death, the appointments kept went up by an unprecedented amount.
Taking my past mammograms with me, I discovered that I last went in 2005, and previous to that, 2001.
Not great. I am glad the NHS has now taken responsibility for my health. They are doing a better job than I was.
I go for a bone scan in July.
I feel very cared for.

No comments:

Post a Comment