Monday, June 20, 2011

Neighbours

I have just had a conversation with my neighbours, you may not realise what a momentous occasion this is, but NOBODY speaks to ANYBODY in London. Not on the tube, not in the train, not in the shops, I can go an entire day without speaking to a soul.
This was pathetically illustrated last week when I had a scratchy and slighty sore throat, but did not realise  I had lost my voice until I spoke to The Gorgeous Son on the phone at about 5 o' clock.
Anyway, back to the neighbours, this is Dave The Cat From Next Door's Dad. We had a conversation through the slats in the fence about Dave, Wimbledon, Foxes and the Weather.
Amazing.
On a similar topic, when I was schlepping MOTHER around the tube, for the first time in two years, somebody carried my (MOTHER'S) suitcase up the million billion stairs at London Bridge.
Sure he must have been from out of town.




No comments:

Post a Comment