Monday, June 20, 2011

Wimbledon

V. V. exciting, Wimbledon starts today.
I would just like to comment  that this time last year, and indeed the year before, the weather was fabulous. (see previous blogs)
Now, it is crap.
Not so terribly crap that it is freezing cold, but  18 degrees as opposed to high 20's. And even in the 30's last year.
And rain
Bloody hell is it raining.
So, the plan is, Lovely Niece Sam and I are going to Wimbledon on Wednesday. If we have to sit watching the tennis under an umbrella, so be it. I spent how many years watching Wimbledon in SA under a blanket with the heater on. Sure I can manage a wee bit of rain.
The Gorgeous Son has offered to give us each a PONCHO from his company.
I think I would rather drown than be on TV wearing a  rain poncho.
I will be elegantly soaked to the skin.
Poncho my ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment