Friday, March 18, 2011

Comic Relief

I had to come to the UK to learn about Africa.

I have spent 2 days laughing.....and crying. Listening to Poms who up until now I thought know fuck all nothing about Africa..and perhaps they don't...but they CARE, they care more than any Saffa cares.

I have moved back to the UK to learn that life is not cheap. Moan and bitch about a Nanny State...that Nanny State CARES about you, about old people, about children, about disabled people...Bloody hell...all I had was a broken ankle, the whole state and NHS cared about me.
They made me go to the doctor after my fall, to make sure I was not a poor old lady living on my own that was likely to fall again, I laughed, and was even a bit offended that they had to make sure I was OK, that I was safe, that I was unlikely to fall again...
And I have spent 3 days listening to Comic relief, watching videos about Africa that I have never seen before.
I am ashamed and embarrassed that I have been so thoughtless.
The Hubby and I have donated more money in the past 24 hours than we ever did when we lived in Africa.
Yes, I bought my maid a house, yes, I paid for her child's funeral, but she still died from bacterial meningitis and we could do nothing about it.
Shame on me.
Shame on you.


No comments:

Post a Comment