Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Frankenfoot



Well...we knew it was going to look pretty yukky, but this is a bit more disgusting than I expected.
Look at that hair!
And skin!

I am still KAK impressed with the NHS, I was at the hospital for 3 hours which included removal of the cast, x rays, appointment with the surgeon and a trip to physio to make an appointment for next week. (also included a small problem in the lift , me (The Hubby was doing some admin) and a girl in a wheelchair, was a tad difficult to open the fecking doors, we went up and down about 3 times )

The doctors and x ray guys and , in fact, all the wonderful staff that helped me, were about 17 years old.
OK, perhaps my surgeon is 20....
It still amazes me that I have paid not one cent (pence?) for all this treatment...from the surgery to the crutches to the minimum of 6 weeks physio I will be having.
I have to get a copy of my x rays for if I travel on an airplane...oops...forgot to tell Amiga Jane that I forged her signature on my form...if they phone you, please tell them you have actually known me for 40 years!


I am a tad disappointed that I am not hopping and skipping, still need the crutches (actually, can manage on one crutch now) Still have to crawl up and down the stairs....but! had a bath all by myself, made supper all by myself and tidied up the kitchen, which under The Hubby's rule was starting to look like a bomb site.

Speaking of The Hubby, he will never lose me...just follow the trail of shed skin......

Dr Lauren (another child doctor) will be here tomorrow to go to the funeral with us and I just know she is going to be uber bossy and mean and make me put my foot flat on the floor.




No comments:

Post a Comment