Thursday, March 24, 2011

Physio

Went for my first physio today...all the way by myself on the K4 bus. This is the Hospital Bus. Was quite a rush for the disabled seats , but only having one crutch, I got there first.

Robin is my physio guy...he is very nice.

This was our first conversation

Robin : Was it a traumatic break?

Me: Well, I was traumatised and so was my husband.

Who knew "Traumatic Break" was a medical description???

So, apart from the fact that he probably thinks I am as mad as a hatter (he did laugh though!)
I have exercises to do, I have been overcompensating on my left hip and basically walking like a spaz.
Oops.. .guess that is not very PC.
Hasten to add that is not quite how Robin put it.

I have been worried that I would re break the bones but apparently that cannot happen seeing as I am held together like The Man Of Steel.
We are aiming for a brisk 20 minute walk along the Queen's promenade from Surbiton to Kingston as the culmination of the therapy.
At the moment 'brisk' and 'walk' does not quite describe what I can do.
Will keep you posted.







No comments:

Post a Comment